Youth Ballet is particularly careful to comply with all regulations
regarding working with children.
staff have to have an enhanced CBS check in order to work with
EYB and currently most staff are licensed chaperones.
member of staff who is in attendance al all rehearsals and performances
is qualified in First Aid.
photographs can be taken by the press or parents without permission
first being sought.
has a Child Protection Policy document which includes within
it an Equal Opportunities Policy.
prominent Health and Safety notice allows parents to support
EYB staff in the care of their children during rehearsals and
performances. In addition EYB hold a register of all attendees
and emergency telephone numbers.
PRIVACY AND SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Overview of the Policy
English Youth Ballet (EYB) respects the right for its young dancers, chaperones and staff to maintain their privacy. EYB will not tolerate any offensive or intimidatig content on social media websites pertaining to its young dancers, chaperones and staff.
Policy details about taking of photographs/video footage
1. Photographs/video footage may only be taken during rehearsals or at the theatre with the complete knowledge and agrement of the persons appearing in the footage.
2.Photographs/video footage may only be posted on social media websites or in the public domain with the complete knowledge and agreement of the persons appearing in the footage.
3. The taking of photo/video footage is NOT permitted in the dressing rooms.
4. The taking of photo/video footage MUST be supervised by a chaperone or a member of EYB staff.
5. Staff/chaperones will ensure all persons are happy to appear in the photo/video footage in advance.
5. The right of privacy of any individual is to be respected.
Policy details about intimidating content on social media websites
1. Any intimidating or offensive content ("cyber-bullying') pertaining to EYB posted on any social media site should be reported immediately to an EYB member of staff.
2. EYB will investigate any report of 'cyber-bullying'
3. Anyone found to have posted and significantly intimidating content pertaining to EYB will be suspended from the project.