It is very important for both rehearsals and performance that your ribbons are neatly tied.
- Start with the shoe on your foot, in the flexed position.
- Take the outside ribbon and wrap it one and half times around the ankle (starting over the front) so that it ends on the inside.
- Take the second ribbon and wrap it twice round the ankle (over the front first) so that it crosses with the first ribbon and also ends on the inside.
- Tie the two ribbons together in a double knot.
- Make sure you have trimmed your ribbons so that they are not too long (but long enough to tie)
- Tuck the knot and excess ribbon under the ribbon wrapped around your ankle.
1. Click here for a short video on Ribbon, Sewing and Cutting
2. Click here for a short video on Hair and Ribbon Tie Technique
3. Click here for a short video on Creating a High Bun