The health and safety of children and parents who participate in English Youth Ballets’ rehearsals and performances is a priority.
With regard to the virus we will be following official government guidelines as they develop.(See Statement on home page)
CHILD PROTECTION POLICIES
English Youth Ballet is particularly careful to comply with all regulations regarding working with children. All staff have to have an enhanced DBS check in order to work with EYB and currently most staff are licensed chaperones.
A member of staff (who is in attendance at all rehearsals and performances) is qualified in First Aid.
No photographs can be taken by the press or parents without permission first being sought.
A prominent Health and Safety notice allows parents to support EYB staff in the care of their children during rehearsals and performances. In addition EYB hold a register of all attendees and emergency telephone numbers.
English Youth Ballet will ensure that:
- the welfare of the child is paramount
- all children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse
- all suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
English Youth Ballet is an organisation committed to the well-being and welfare of any child regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality or disability. We aim to provide a safe and secure environment in which young people can be expressive and creative using the medium of dance.
PRIVACY AND SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Overview of the Policy
English Youth Ballet (EYB) respects the right for its young dancers, chaperones and staff to maintain their privacy. EYB will not tolerate any offensive or intimidatig content on social media websites pertaining to its young dancers, chaperones and staff.
Policy details about taking of photographs/video footage
1. Photographs/video footage may only be taken during rehearsals or at the theatre with the complete knowledge and agrement of the persons appearing in the footage.
2. Photographs/video footage may only be posted on social media websites or in the public domain with the complete knowledge and agreement of the persons appearing in the footage.
3. The taking of photo/video footage is NOT permitted in the dressing rooms.
4. The taking of photo/video footage MUST be supervised by a chaperone or a member of EYB staff.
5. Staff/chaperones will ensure all persons are happy to appear in the photo/video footage in advance.
6. The right of privacy of any individual is to be respected.
Policy details about intimidating content on social media websites 1. Any intimidating or offensive content (“cyber-bullying’) pertaining to EYB posted on any social media site should be reported immediately to an EYB member of staff.